- line squall
- nouna squall advancing along a front that forms a definite line• Hypernyms: ↑squall
* * *noun: a squall or thunderstorm occurring along a squall line; also : a line of squalls or thunderstorms
* * *a squall advancing along a front that forms a more or less definite line.[1885-90]
* * *line squall nounOne of a chain of squalls occurring along a travelling line, with rise and sudden change of wind, rise of pressure and fall of temperature• • •Main Entry: ↑line
* * *line squall,Meteorology. a thunderstorm or other severe local storm appearing along a cold front.
* * *n. Meteorology a violent local storm occurring as one of a number along a cold front
Useful english dictionary. 2012.